Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

06 January 2011

Christmas Happiness

As I am writing this, I am listening to Christmas music, compliments of my parents. That’s right, it is now January 6, 2011 and I am still celebrating Christmas. Why, you might ask? Because Christmas just wasn’t the same this year without my family, or when the average daily temperature is 100 degrees; besides, Christmas is really about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, not about presents.  I did celebrate Christmas at its’ appointed time, but decided that I would continue for another month or so, as I knew that I had a few packages on the way and several Christmas cards. Today I received 3 packages, one from my parents and one from each of my grandmothers. I am so blessed to have family that wants to make me feel as home as much as possible in a country so far away. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me and who have sent me cards…I appreciate your thoughts more than I can express.
American goodies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment