Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

24 June 2012

Wrapping things up...

I have now finished up most of my work in Dahra :) I still need to show up to a ceremony and hand out some certificates and show my replacement around, but other than that, I am done! These past two years have been an amazing experience, and I am truly glad that I have had this opportunity. Granted, there have been times so frustrating with work projects or culture that I just wanted to quit and return home; however, I am glad that I stuck it out.

The last two months of my service have been wonderful, allowing me to end on a high note. I was able to teach Junior Achievement to 90 different elementary students and spent my evenings teaching computer classes at the high school. I was also able to get in a few soap-making trainings for two of my womens' groups. I actually feel like a CED (Community Economic Development) volunteer now, not just a Peace Corps volunteer trying to do a little bit of everything. I feel really good with the end of my service and feel like I have made some great connections for my replacement. I can only hope that they will enjoy life in Dahra as I have.

The teachers at Ecole Dahra Montagne; where I taught 2 classes of Junior Achievement




First group of students who completed a two-month computer course

No comments:

Post a Comment