Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

16 October 2010

Swearing-In Ceremony

As of October 15th, I am an official Peace Corps Volunteer :) Woo Hoo!


We left for Dakar early Friday morning to go to our swearing-in ceremony at the U.S. Ambassador's residence. We were all decked out in traditional African wear (see the pics below). The ceremony took about two hours, with speeches from our country director, the ambassador, and our training director. Afterwards, we went outside to a nice spread of snacks and Senegalese cocktails (i.e. no alcohol). Then we headed to the Peace Corps office to finish up some paperwork. Lastly, we ended up at the Atlantique Club for an afternoon of relaxation :) Overall, a wonderful day, a little emotional, but really good. I am glad that I am now official :)




61 new volunteers!






celebrating at the Atlantique club

Thank you to everyone for all the support and prayers! These past two months have been harder than I expected, and I am so thankful for everyone back home supporting me!
I am being installed in Dahra on Wednesday, so wish me luck! I'll post more after I get to my new "home".


No comments:

Post a Comment