Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

12 August 2010

Arrival in Senegal

I made it! Our plane landed around 5am local time; cleared customs just fine. We had a nice bus ride to Thies; got to see the sunrise :) The training facility at Thies is really nice and the staff here is awesome! They had breakfast ready for us and then let us take a nap until lunch. After lunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon going over the logistics of our pre-service training (PST) and ended the evening with some dancing to African drums!
Today, we actually broke into our groups ( I am an SED - small enterprise development -- agent) and then had a session on some medical issues. The rest of the afternoon is filled with individual interviews, so I thought that I would go ahead and update my blog.
I would like to thank everyone for the warm farewell and prayers. I am having a great time so far and adjusting well. I did get a cell phone yesterday as well, so if you want it, contact me via facebook or e-mail and I will send it to you (free for me if you call). Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment