Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

03 August 2010

Countdown to Departure

Well this is my first attempt at a blog, so please be gentle!   I leave next Monday for Senegal to begin the next 2 years of my life. I am both excited and sad; I know that this is going to be an amazing experience, but I know that it will be difficult to be away from friends and family for such a long period of time.
       Actually, I fly out early Monday morning for orientation in Arlington,VA; and will then head out to Dakar, Senegal on Tuesday evening and should land early Wednesday morning.
       After arriving in Dakar, our group( appr. 65 volunteers) will take a bus to the Peace Corps training center in Thies. We will spend the next couple of days in numerous language and skill interviews, and in culture and health workshops. After that (maybe next Monday), we will be placed with a host family in a nearby city to complete the rest of our 9-week training.
    Well, that is all for now! I probably will not update again until after my arrival in Senegal. Wish me luck! Prayers are welcomed :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you will have a blog! I am sooo excited for you - I look forward to reading about all of the wonderful stuff you will be doing! Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete