Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

16 August 2010

Leaving for homestay :)

Hello all! So the last couple of days here have been full of learning :) We had a culture fair where the staff went through and explained some really important aspects of Senegalse culture; my favorite sessions were on clothes and food (of course!). We also learned our hoemstay sites for the next two and a half months; I will be living in Bayack (see map) and continue to study French. We will be living in our homestay sites off and on for the next couple of months to help us better understand the culture and languages of the Senegalese people; and then travel back to Thies for debriefings. I am really looking forward to this, but definitely a little nervous. I will be living with a Senegalese family, so it will be interesting to see how I adapt. We also got to get out and explore Thies a little bit last night; I was able to have a nice beverage and buy a few things at the market. That's all for now; I'll try to update more after my first week in Bayakh :)


No comments:

Post a Comment