Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

16 November 2010

A Tribute to Star

So some of you may know this, but probably not: I love baby goats! They are so adorable and I just enjoying watching them play. Well, my counterpart’s family invited me over for lunch one day and they had 8 baby goats at their house. I was so excited! I couldn’t help staring at them. My counterpart’s mom noticed and decided to give me one as a gift. I tried to refuse, but she insisted. So I picked one out (the runt of the litter) but said that she needed to stay there with it’s family. Well, I named her Star and visited as much as I could without the family thinking I was cuckoo. However, she passed away a week ago; she had been the smallest and not able to feed as much as she needed to in order to stay healthy and grow.  Here’s a picture of me holding her J

No comments:

Post a Comment