Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

16 November 2010

Vacation in St. Louis!

Last week I went to St. Louis for a few days for a Wolof language seminar. While I was there for training, it felt like a vacation! St. Louis is very nice and much cooler than Dahra since it is on the coast. We had class in the morning, but then had the evenings off so we could explore. The seminar  was great for me because it reminded that I really needed to work on Wolof more (haven’t had to really because I can communicate with my counterpart in French and my level of Wolof was nowhere near being able to communicate with people, so I kind of just shut down).  Our language teacher did a wonderful job and I hope that I can continue to improve. Below are some pictures from St. Louis:

yes, that is a baby hammerhead shark


No comments:

Post a Comment