Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

11 May 2011

9 Months In!

Today marks 9 months here in Senegal. Time is just flying by, and all of a sudden, I am busy with work. I have several projects going on --  gardening, murals, computers and numerous meetings. I am feeling more "at home" everyday. Even though my host family doesn't think that my Wolof skills are up to par, everyone else that I talk to in town compliments me on my language improvement. I am finished with one-third of my service, and am looking forward to the rest of my time here. I am very thankful for all of the loving support from my friends and family back in the States. My parents especially have been so supportive. I never really thought about how hard this would be on them, but they are acting like champs. I am truly blessed to have such loving and supportive parents. On that note, one of the many reasons why I love my mom...her sense of humor:

Skype conversation:
[10:11:54 PM] Laura Livesay: so today marks 9 months in country :)


[10:13:06 PM] Mom & Dad: WOO HOO!!! I remembered that earlier today. That's like having a baby but no pooh to clean up HA HA
 
Love it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is it nine months of PC, or nine months at site? Cause if its only nine months of PC, you're not a third of the way done yet....sorry to be a party pooper.

    ReplyDelete